Sunday, April 10, 2005

Long time to ponder

Had a nice steady 4 miles again today, thinking about all sorts of stuff - a bit like this.
1)Next week I'll have to take a day off work to get my number - which is a bit inconvenient at the moment.
2)On race day I have to get to London early (obviously), but Camberley is a right pain when it comes to trains so I may have to drive to Virginia Water or Sunningdale to get a mainline train.
I'll have to have a serious look at that.
3) Theres no way I can run 26m. Couch potato to marathon runner in 4 months just doesn't go.
4) I recon a run walk policy will work, as long as I treat it a bit like water intake, ie take it before you need it or its too late.
5) I'd love to get round in under 5 hours.
6) I'd love to smile as I cross the line.
7) I'd love my daughter to be able to come and watch (she's helped in all my training) but thats not going to happen.
8) I wonder what the weather will be like.
9) I wish I had someone I knew with me (just for the hour or so at the start).
And on and on and on.
I suppose I'll have a week of these sort of thoughts.
No real worries though, which is pretty good.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Andy.M. said...

Thanks Laura.
Only 5 days to go.
(and 26.2 miles)

 
At 6:55 PM, April 13, 2005, Blogger beanz said...

I too cannot run 26.32 miles,

so I am dooing run a mile walk a minute - which is feels better than the run-walk group who run 5 mminutes, I feel I need a mile to get into a steady pace.

Which start are you?

Number??

I am told that lots of peeps find someone in the same pen to start the run with.

(None of my family will be there either:<( - I wish my son could come as he has been a great support)

Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home